Lifting operations presents many hazards, not least from the lifting equipment its self.
The Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998 (LOLER) places a duty of care on employers to inspect and maintain lifting equipment to ensure it remains safe to use.
To meet the requirement, you must make sure that all lifting equipment is regularly serviced and examined.
Deteriorating Lifting equipment can have serious consequences including accidents or even fatal injuries.
What is Lifting Equipment?
The regulations say:
‘lifting equipment has to be thoroughly inspected, as well as any accessories for lifting.’
- Forklift Trucks and Platform Attachments
- Pallet Trucks / Pump Trucks
- Passenger and Goods Lifts
- Vehicle Lifts and Tail Lifts
- Vacuum Lifting Devices
- and associated accessories such as harnesses and lanyards.
A ‘thorough examination’ would mean a detailed inspection carried out by a competent person, who will produce a written report on the inspection and help you rectify any issues with the equipment.
At Assent, we can help you arrange a servicing of your lifting equipment. As well as this we can:
- Record and Monitor service dates, to remind you when they are due;
- Store copies of your records, so if you lose them, we can email you a record.
- Arrange you the servicing for you – taking away the pressure!
Contact us for more information…